Today I’m combining photos done from my Beyond Layers class with some concepts as part of the Behind the Scenes e-course as part of my blog post today. (I changed my header using some prompts and thought-provoking suggestions from Behind the Scenes…how do you like it?)
In the background is a blurred photograph – the last one take with my parents and their children, my brother and sister. A year later, my died six months after being diagnosed with glioblastoma. My mother would be in a nursing home unable to be maintained at home with her Alzheimer’s. And the house would be empty. Life, at best, is brief…focus on what is important!
After some thought – my passions include:
- my relationship with Jesus Christ
- God’s daily mercies through his overlooked gifts
- God’s Word
- Creative expression through multiple mediums such as writing, photography, art, music, journaling, blogging
- Connecting with others like me
- Legacy work
- Advocacy for those who are invisible in society
- Pediatric palliative care
- Solitude and contemplative worship
- Ann Voskamp
- Did I say ANYTHING WEST VIRGINIA?????
- My home, husband, and marriage
- Escaping the tyranny of the urgent
So you’ll be seeing bits and pieces of all these things in the days to come…as I blog more.
This photo, also applying Kim’s technique, was taken at Stonewall Resort in West Virginia on vacation. Sadly, a few days prior, a great man, former West Virginia University coach, Bill Stewart, died on the golf course as part of a golf outing for fundraising. He was the epitome of West Virginia…my second home…and died while living!
That’s all for now…be seeing you soon!